Now almost 10 days later, my high from running the North Face 50 is starting to fade. However, there are some random thoughts that didn’t fit into the race report that I thought I’d share.
- I did not get passed the last 45 miles of the race (while I passed about 40-45 during that span)
- I knew 90% of the course, however, I should have known all of it. There was a(n uphill) surprise during that other 10%.
- Hills aren’t as steep in the dark.
- My legs were only sore for about 48 hours. The result of solid preparation I suppose.
- I never had this much fun at a race!
- This was, without a doubt, the greatest athletic achievement of my life.
- Thus far.